The 2019 Local Government Communication Professionals Summit is a unique opportunity for anyone working in council communications.
Join your colleagues from other councils for a full-day event packed with value, where you’ll:
Hear from industry experts on the social media trends that will have the biggest impact on your communications in 2019 and beyond
Get real-life case studies from councils on internal communication strategies, tools and channels for connecting with your community and much more
Spend quality time with council communication professionals just like you, facing similar challenges and opportunities
Experience a much-needed dose of inspiration and return to work with new energy and ideas
This year’s Summit theme focuses on:
People - harnessing the power of Council staff as your key ambassadors
Platforms - both new and traditional, targeted and mass
Perceptions - rebuilding trust, strengthening reputation
There are two ways to register:
1. Book and pay online, OR
2. Email email@example.com to arrange payment by invoice
If you’re a council communication professional, don’t miss this event in 2019.
The 2019 Summit Programs
The 2019 Summit will be held in three cities; choose the location and date that works best for you. Each program has been carefully tailored specifically for council communicators.
WEDNESDAY 22 MAY 2019
Novotel Brisbane, 200 Creek St, Brisbane, QLD 4000
FRIDAY 24 MAY 2019
Swissôtel Sydney, 68 Market St, Sydney, NSW 2000
FRIDAY 31 MAY 2019
Karstens Conference Centre, 123 Queen St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Here’s what attendees said about the 2018 Local Government Communication Professionals Summit.
“I can honestly say I’ve never got quite so much out of a single day’s program as I did at the 2018 Local Government Communication Professionals Summit.Having a program targeted squarely at our sector meant that every presenter was speaking to problems and challenges we all share in some way, giving us plenty to take back to our offices.”
“Such an insightful and valuable day that has reignited my passion for local government communications.”
“Today was a wonderful and rare chance to reflect on strategic approaches and learnings, connect with other professionals and share case studies. I learnt so much.”
“Hearing from the first couple of speakers solved two of the main issues we were dealing with. Great opportunity to hear from other councils and realise we are all dealing with the same things.”
About the Local Government Communication Professionals Network
The network began in 2016 as a way for council communicators to stay up to date with best practice and learn from each other.
Its founder, former council communications manager and local government specialist Neryl East, looked forward every year to the conferences run by the former Local Government Public Relations Association, which later became Government Communications Australia (GCA).
The end of GCA left a big hole for local government communication professionals across Australia as they no longer had professional development events tailored just for them.
Neryl East Communications stepped into that gap, now delivering free monthly webinars and an annual summit as part of the network’s activities.
Join the network’s Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/localgovtcomms/
Summit booking terms and conditions:
1. Bookings are subject to availability. Limited places are available and booking early is recommended. In the event of the booking not being accepted by Neryl East Communications, the total amount will be refunded.
2. Payment must be received in full prior to the event.
3. All speakers are correct at the time of printing, but are subject to variation without notice.
4. If the delegate cancels after the booking has been accepted, the delegate will be liable to the following cancellation charges:
∙Cancellations notified more than 45 days prior to the event will not incur a cancellation fee.
∙In the event of a cancellation being between 45 and 30 days prior to the event, a 20% cancellation fee will be charged.
∙For cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event, the full delegate rate must be paid and no refunds will be available.
5. All bookings submitted are subject to these booking conditions.
6. All cancellations must be received in writing
7. Neryl East Communications will not be held liable for circumstances beyond their control which lead to the cancellation or variation of the program.
8. All bookings will be charged Australian GST at the time of booking.
9. Registration includes pre-event tea and coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Delegates are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and any meals outside this program.